viernes, 5 de julio de 2013

Coffitivity: un salón -cafe con alternativas para reunirse a estudiar,trabajar,reuniones

Coffitivity: Change the way you work forever
A coffee shop has the perfect amount of background noise for creative work tasks and Coffitivity brings the coffee shop to you.
Photo: illustir/Flickr
(ME PARECE EL CONCEPTO DE STARBUCK - idalia)
Have you ever taken your laptop to the local coffee shop to get some work done? I have and if you’re like me, that hour or two is often the most productive part of your day. I’ve always thought that it was because I was free from distractions, but evidently it is the background noise that is responsible for the increased productivity. The hum of the espresso machine, the murmur of the customers and the music playing softly over the intercom can boost productivity
Now a new startup, Coffitivity, is bundling all of the benefits of a coffee shop office-on-the-go without the need to even leave your home or work office. According to The New York Times:
“We had been in and out of coffee shops, and we were getting really good work done,” said Ace Callwood, a founder of the site and the coordinator for entrepreneurship at the Virginia Commonwealth University business school.”
“One member of the team, Justin Kauszler, noticed that when he returned to his regular work space, in a subdued and sterile office, his productivity took a nose-dive. When Mr. Kauszler’s boss shot down his request to leave the office and work from a coffee shop, he and his colleagues decided that they would bring their favorite coffeehouses to their computers.”
The Coffitivity cofounders also have scientific research to back up Kauszler’s real-world experience. In a study published in the December 2012 issue of the Journal of Consumer Research, researchers determined that a moderate level of ambient noise (70 decibels) enhanced productivity on creative tasks when compared to both lower noise levels (50 decibels) and higher levels of noise (85 decibels.)
After reading about Coffitivity, I decided to give it a try. Its easy, just load up Coffitivity.com and you’re set. The team is working on an iOS/Mac app and different iterations of the coffee shop sounds but what they have now works well for me. In fact, I’ve found myself turning to Coffitivity on a daily basis. 
The biggest benefit to Coffitivity, over a traditional coffee shop, is that you don’t have to leave your office in order to take advantage of the productivity boost. There’s a second, even better, benefit for me – I won’t spend my day smelling like coffee. While I love the focus I have while working at the local coffee shop, I’m not a coffee drinker and don’t like smelling like eau ‘du coffee for the day. Coffitivity is a win-win for me!
Check it out and let me know what you think.
CORTESIA DE 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario